1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Daisy Laid Her First Egg!!!!!!! Miss Prissy Looky

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WindyOaksYokes, Nov 4, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    What a wonderful day!!!!!!! Daisy, the Muscovie I got from MissPrissy laid her first egg!!!!! I was surprised at it's color though, since I have seen other muscovie eggs and they were lighter in color... I know it was hers, because Lil Jess saw her lay it and then brought it to me.

Edited to add: Forgot to include that I was really shocked that she laid the egg in the nests where the other ducks lay their eggs... whats surprising about all this... Daffy and Daisy roost on the top of the house LOL... they dont sleep in the coop/run with the chickens like the other ducks do. All I can say is.... Way to go Daisy!!!! Good Girl!!! Even more surprising... she laid the egg in the middle of the afternoon. My other girl lay earlyyyyyyyy in the morning. hmmmm.... interesting.

Then to top all that off.... Jimmy won the race [​IMG] YAYYYYYYYY GO JIMMY!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Here's some pics that we got of the egg.
    Lil Jess and Daisy's first egg
    [​IMG]

Collection of Duck eggs from today... from Left to right "Daisys, Sweedys, Cayuga1, Cayuga2 (Still need to name those poor girls LOL
    [​IMG]

Lil Jess holding the egg.
    [​IMG]

Proud Daisy and Daffy.... Need to get an updated pic... probably tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Wow thats really pretty!
    Id be blowing that one!!
    Congrats!

3. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Terras - Thanks... and you know... I didnt even think of blowing it out... just washed and put up with the others... [​IMG] Hopefully she will lay another one tomorrow just as pretty... i'll blow that one out!!! [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What a pretty egg! I have never seen one that black looking before. I told you those ducks were special. LOL

5. ml

ml Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    It is so cool when your ducks lay the first eggs. I have never seen a black one either with my scovies.

ML

6. SimplcitiyAltered

SimplcitiyAltered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    ok thats a pretty egg I need to get me some that lay those black eggs I have cutomers to freak out if the green ones through em for a loop these would be the perfect follow up. Tes lock up your ducks im coming to get em. [​IMG]

7. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    What a pretty egg! I have never seen one that black looking before. I told you those ducks were special. LOL

Miss Prissy, you were right... they are very special!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

Tes lock up your ducks im coming to get em.

NO, NO, NO, All mine!!!!!!!! [​IMG] I will share the eggs though [​IMG]

8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I've never seen a Scovy lay a black egg, sure it wasnt a sneaky Cayuga? lol.

Congrats on the egg! Its really pretty. My scovy is sitting on 11 nice big white eggs right now. She doesnt understand how late in the year it is. [​IMG]

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The man I got them from said muscovy but I have always wondered if they were a cross breed. I don't think he had much of anything there that wasn't breeding with something else there. When she posted this egg photo my first thought was could this be a cross with a black cayuga. I really have no idea myself.

edited for spell check.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by