Dal Mar Fiar - San Diego County

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Czech's_chicks, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    Hello all! I was just wondering who was going to be participating in the 2012 fair? I figured it is never to early to get your ducks in a row. I also wanted to get some advice from seasoned showers.

This coming year, I would love to show:
    Blue Polish hen
    Pure black (so black he is GREEN) Indian Runner drake
    Pure black Muscovy drake

My possibles include the Japanese, Austrolorp and Belgian cocks, 1 or 2 hens for the egg competition, and IF IF IF they have a mut entry, I have a silkie mix that is so black, she is green, too.

2. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    It's me again!! We are getting closer! I know there has got to be someone in the San Diego area that is going to show something in the fair!

3. RyeRanch

RyeRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Poway, Ca
    I have been poking around and wondering the same thing. I can't wait until the fair rolls around. Good luck at the fair it sounds like you have some wonderful birds.

Also, you might try getting n touch with your local 4H club. I am sure someone would now there.

4. All-American-Chick

All-American-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Ramona
    My Coop
    im not showing but would be interested in watching what one does in the adult show ring.
    do they judge the persons abilities with the chicken like in 4h or is it just who has the prettest chicken?
    the kids are entering in other categories though.
    our dd is making a fairy garden to disply at the fair.she is so bubbly over it ,love her excitment.
    they have a lego category the kids can enter also,so fun.

5. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Always seem to be out of town but maybe not this year [​IMG].
    Would love to go and see a poultry show, but unlikely to be showing anything this year. Kind of worried what little "friends" the birds could come back with.

6. dfdesigns

dfdesigns Indigo Ridge Farm

Sep 20, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I always want to go, but something gets in the way... this year, I'M GOING! [​IMG]

Does anyone know what days poultry will be there? I'd love to be there for those.

7. RyeRanch

RyeRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Poway, Ca

I went to the fair yesterday and they were just getting warmed up with animals. They had some goats, cows, and llamas. There were a ton f pigeons on display as far as birds go. I checked on the website and it says that poultry wil be there June 12-17 - so starting on Wednesdayq there should be chickens at the fair! Wahoo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by