Damn you TSC!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LovinMyPeeps, Apr 9, 2009.

1. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Soooo I went to TSC to get BR chicks, but they didn't have any. Only Golden Comets and red sexlinks and I didn't want either and THEN... the new bantams arrived... sigh. So I became "that girl" you know the one going "hey buddy... buying chicks?" and so no one was... so... 6 bantams later.... any thoughts? Think the one is an EE (chipmunk baby) the others have feathered feet and one is BLUE! How could I not bring him home... any ideas on the breeds?? The "white" fluffy one is probably a silkie...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    I couldn't turn down bantams at our TSC yesterday either. They are too hard to resist, so I didn't. [​IMG]

3. Yoshii

Yoshii Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! And looks more like an OEGB (1st pic) and a porcelain d'Uccle (2nd pic), if you ask me.

4. LovinMyPeeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    I'm not real good with the acronyms yet... OEGB? Not sure what that means...

Nice! I just looked up d'uccles and I have 3 mille fleur too! Nice!!!! Sooooo happy... I am guessing OEGB Old English Game Bantam?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  5. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't wait til our gets theirs in, i am hopping to stumble across some fizzle babies. [​IMG]

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Quote:Old English Game Bantam, yup [​IMG]
    I picked out several "chipmonk" colored babies today hoping they'll turn out to be the BB OEG bantams I've been wanting. They make wonderful little pets. They're tiny, friendly little boogers [​IMG]

And I agree that the other looks a bit like a d'Uccle. The Porcelains are probably my favorite color. They're gorgeous!

7. Bridgette1221

Bridgette1221 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2009
    I'm not real good with the acronyms yet... OEGB? Not sure what that means... Nice! I just looked up d'uccles and I have 3 mille fleur too! Nice!!!! Sooooo happy... I am guessing OEGB Old English Game Bantam?

I'm bad at it too... is there a list of acronyms for us newbies?​

8. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
  9. kycowgirlchick

kycowgirlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I think the feathered leg is a Cochin

10. LovinMyPeeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    I have a little yellow feathered legged bugger that is too cute for words maybe that one is a cochin. I may have hit the chicken jackpot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by