Dan Honour

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by The Chickinn, May 30, 2010.

1. The Chickinn

The Chickinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    Is Dan Honour a very good, reputable Buff leghorn breeder? I am looking at possibly buying some birds from him if he has any good birds available. Just wanted to get some background on him if anyone could reply, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    I dont know of him,but I'm not really into that breed right now. If I could suggest something? Try a post just asking for a reputable breeder for your breed and see whose name pops up- you might find someone you werent expecting and see some great birds!

Good luck!

3. The Chickinn

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    OK, thank you for the tip, suzettex5. I may just try that.

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    To answer your question, yes Dan is an Honourable man [pun intended]. He is probably one of the most knowledgeable buff breeders around. His Buff Leghorns have great colour & size.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  5. The Chickinn

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    OK, NYREDS, I just was not sure because I was talking to an APA judge and mentioned Dan and the judge had never heard of him even though this particular judge has judged many Virgina shows. OK, just trying to make sure I wouldn't get ripped off. Also, if anyone knows how much he charges for 2 roosters and about 10 hens, that would be helpful.

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    He is a member on byc..send him a pm. Dan is very knowledgeable on buff breeding and super helpful. I have one of his books - excellent compilation and good reading for any buff breeder.

7. sycoleman

sycoleman New Egg

Apr 2, 2015
    Does anyone know Dan Honour email or number. I am trying to find some leghorns.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by