dances with wolves?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenfeverforever, Apr 28, 2011.

1. chickenfeverforever

chickenfeverforever Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    no

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. chickenfeverforever

Apr 18, 2011
    also the glass thermometers that came with the ecos, are sperated and i cannot get the liquid to re join.

3. srsmith69

srsmith69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I have a spot-check that is very unreliable. It will read accurately at one time and then go berzerk and just give me a H for way too hot to incubate. I know it is the spot check because I have taken my own temperature with it, and I am not crazy with fever as the spot check told me I should be. When the spot check is giving you the 104 reading, I'd take it out and tuck the probe in your armpit. If it reads more than 98.6, it is lying.

4. Northwood Silkies

Northwood Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Northwest Michigan
    I have a spot check too and it does the same thing. It don't read properly so I don't even use it at all. It was a waste of money and I thought it was supposed to be the best thermometer out there. I have a Brinsea ECO and I just rely on the thermometer that it came with and haven't had any issues with hatching at all so I guess it's reading right.

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ive always trusted my Brinsea thermometer. My humidity readout is always a little off though.

6. chickenfeverforever

Apr 18, 2011
    Quote:Both my Brinsea glass thermometers were sperated so I cannot use them. I tried to do what Brinsea told me and stir them around in hot water, but the liquid never regrouped. They are suppose to be sending me out 2 new ones but I need them NOW!!! I am just going to use the same amount of water I use in my Advamced!! I am sending this Spot check back as well. Is completely wrong.

7. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I have also found the glass ones to be very reliable. Sorry yours were not right when you got them! I hope you can get it straightened out!

8. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

9. chickenfeverforever

Apr 18, 2011
    Quote:I did put them in noiling hot water that was starting to cool but didnt know how much I should let it rise for fear of rupture. Should I let it go all the way up to the little empty bulb on the other end? Wont it explode?

10. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:I did put them in noiling hot water that was starting to cool but didnt know how much I should let it rise for fear of rupture. Should I let it go all the way up to the little empty bulb on the other end? Wont it explode?

I googled, pulled that and skimmed it, it looked good...

If you know the maker of the thomometer maybe they can help you- they might even send you a freebie, or maybe Brinsea can tell you.

I'd let it go all the way to the top- just not all of it- (so the column is fully connected). That second I'd pull it and let it start to cool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by