Dancing

The 'dance'(shuffling feet and dropping wings) is not just for mating,
it can be a prelude to attacking.
So yes, cock/erels can dance at other cock/erels, or humans, before a fight.
The only time I got flogged, by a buddies cockbird, he 'danced' before attacking.

The 'dance'(shuffling feet and dropping wings) is not just for mating,
it can be a prelude to attacking.
So yes, cock/erels can dance at other cock/erels, or humans, before a fight.
The only time I got flogged, by a buddies cockbird, he 'danced' before attacking.
I was going to ask about this and sure enough you had the answer. 🙂

I have three young Brown Leghorn roosters (Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego) coming into their own at about 6 months old. Shadrach is clearly the Alpha. Meshach is next in line. Abednego is 3rd ahead of the Easter Egger rooster (same age) who is currently being renamed (story for another thread).

In any case, I had moved some logs this morning and a while later Abednego tried his hardest to signal to the ladies that he'd found something in the disturbed earth. Not one lady paid him any attention. But a minute or two later, Meshach came over and checked things out, immediately doing "the dance" several times. They both eventually went their own way, so I was puzzled. Now i have a better idea of what might have transpired if Abednego had shown any resistance.

I was going to ask about this and sure enough you had the answer. 🙂

I have three young Brown Leghorn roosters (Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego) coming into their own at about 6 months old. Shadrach is clearly the Alpha. Meshach is next in line. Abednego is 3rd ahead of the Easter Egger rooster (same age) who is currently being renamed (story for another thread).

In any case, I had moved some logs this morning and a while later Abednego tried his hardest to signal to the ladies that he'd found something in the disturbed earth. Not one lady paid him any attention. But a minute or two later, Meshach came over and checked things out, immediately doing "the dance" several times. They both eventually went their own way, so I was puzzled. Now i have a better idea of what might have transpired if Abednego had shown any resistance.
Now those are some creative names😁

Back
Top Bottom