dang cold....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ams3651, Jan 16, 2009.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    2 hours before I have to get up......some noise woke me up. Went to the bathroom, turned on the facet ....[​IMG] nothing. My house is essentially a double wide on a foundation with a basement and long enclosed porch on the back. Well first of all where there had once been a water heater in the back of the house door on the outside there is now water pipes for the kitchen and bathroom + my son broke a window on the porch + its proably -5 right now outside = my bathroom sink pipe is froze. ive got a heater on it but geeze....I could have used that 2 hours of sleep, at least the kids are still sleeping. [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm sure that is aggravating. I hope your pipes thaw out for you soon. [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm now sharing in your aggravation! My pipes froze about 10 minutes ago and with the temps. being what they are supposed to be, won't be back on until tomorrow afternoon. [​IMG]

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    wow and your in virginia. I put a space heater in the "closet" and it took about an hour to thaw. Funny is on the news last night was a plumber telling people to thaw them slowly, leave the cabinet doors open and let the water run a trickle. I was lucky it was only my bathroom sink. Good luck

5. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    we dont get frozen pipes alot down here in ga but when we have I used a blow hair dryer if you can get to the pipe....it was 10 here this morning....no frozen pipes yet though......my husband installed the kind of faucets that dont freeze for the chickens and goats.....

6. Samarai Jenn

Samarai Jenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Our pipes, thankfully, haven't frozen yet. We must have some good piping, because its 31 below here, and we still have runnnig water!
    Knock on wood. lol

7. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I know! These temps. are not very normal for here anyways.

The plumber is headed out here (not my call, my husband's) and I really think he's going to find that the well head is frozen. It just might be that we will have to wait it out for the next day or so, until temps. start to rise and pray that there won't be expensive damage to have to fix.

Glad you got your sink unthawed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by