Dang Coons!!!

MammaBear

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
SW PA
We have trapped and dispatched 4 coons in the past couple weeks and I was hoping that we had thinned the herd a little. I guess not. Tonight my hubby and I went outside to go up and close the coop up and he says he saw a coon. He grabs a light and I go for the shotgun. We walk around for 45 minutes, nothing. We go back in he house and wait for a while. He peeks outside and after some swearing he claims "Its back!!" Gun, light and out we go again. Then repeat. I am beginning to think that we are on a snipe hunt. I still haven't caught sight of this coon. No noise, no nothing.

So, here I sit at almost 2am waiting for the next peek out the door. Maybe I can just sneak off to bed.

MammaBear

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
SW PA
We caught another one in the trap last night. We hope it was the one that was down by the house, but I really doubt it. The trap is about 400 yards away from where the coon was seen last night. With any luck we will get another tonight.

MammaBear

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
SW PA
He just got the snipe coon. I have to give him credit, there really was a coon right around that tree tonight. He just leaned out the back door and now there is one less coon to worry about.

I really thought he was seeing things or pulling my leg last night.

CMTSMWC

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Indiana
Way to go!
I would stay up all night with a shotgun and just pick them off if I could stay up

flowergirl60

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Austin Tx
I was out last night at 9:30 and saw 2 huge raccoons were climbing up my neighbors tree about 10 ft from me just staring at me. So glad my girls were locked up in their coop.

Top Bottom