Dang coyotes

schmoo

Songster
12 Years
May 7, 2007
West MI.
Yesterday in broad daylight I see a coyote preparing to cross the corn field to come for a visit.
It was about dinner time. For us, NOT him!!

Aren't those varmits supposed to be up only at night? Now I have to worry about my babies in the run during the day too? Or do you think it was a fluke? I've NEVER seen one during the day before. He probably smelled chicken........:mad:

Sadly, I don't think they live by any day time/night time rules!! I've seen them in broad day light walking though the field in back of our house and my mom, who lives in a suburb of Rochester, NY saw one a couple weeks ago walk right down the street!!

Coyote's are very resourceful. They are just like regular dogs in most of their behaviors. Day or night they are up and about, you just don't see them.

Coyotes like raccoon, possums, rats & cockroaches have learned to adapt to the encroachment by man. They can survive just about anything.

Oh crap.........so I better be ready for those bastards. I have a chain link fence buried 10 inches will that keep them out when I'm at work??

Quote:
Don't know matters how hungry he is. They can dig a den pretty qwick. Don't have any around my acreage, couple buddies and I took care of that last winter. They're a challenge to hunt , they sure are smart and crafty ones.

Last edited:
I don't have electricity out there, only extension cords. I don't know anything about electric fences, I wouldn't imagine I could plug it in could I??

My husband could've shot it actually it was so close. But I told him no. I hope I don't regret it later
hmm.png

We have a regular visitor, she's out at least two hours before dusk and we catch her out in the morning as well....

c1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom