DANG it happened again!

magicpigeon

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
I found 3 XXXL sky blue araucana eggs in the chicken coop!! AAH! Finally! Even Zapp who I was SURE who was a rooster!What a miracle! I remember posting this on BYC with a pic before waking up and swearing.
roll.png
smack.gif

Any day now... it's been FIVE MONTHS!!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Now stick that egg under one of your broody pigeons and take a pic of the look on the mama pigeons face.
tongue.png

Quote:
Answering for Magic here....
I don't see why not. A chicken will hatch ducks, geese, just about anything you stick under them. Then again, maybe pigeons have more sense than chickens (not a difficult task
roll.png
). I'm sure the hard part for the pigeon parents would be teaching "their" offspring to fly.
lol.png

Quote:
I don't see why not. A chicken will hatch ducks, geese, just about anything you stick under them. Then again, maybe pigeons have more sense than chickens (not a difficult task
roll.png
). I'm sure the hard part for the pigeon parents would be teaching "their" offspring to fly.
lol.png

Don't pigeons feed their babies like robins do? Wouldn't they be a little surprised at the chick that hops out of the nest the day after it hatches and starts feeding itself? I wonder what the chick would think about the mama trying to stuff food down his throat?
lol.png

Quote:
roll.png
lol.png

Gritsar!! You know I have like a million pics of my broody pigeon mama, I'll try and find one or two
wink.png

I had to sell my rooster a month ago too, he crowed way too much *cries*
roll.png

Quote:
roll.png
lol.png

Gritsar!! You know I have like a million pics of my broody pigeon mama, I'll try and find one or two
wink.png

I had to sell my rooster a month ago too, he crowed way too much *cries*
roll.png

Awww, I'm sorry you had to re-home him. I re-homed two a couple of weeks ago. They weren't crowing too much. They were doing that other thing roosters do, too much.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom