Dang it is... Prazquantal RX only ?

ladyearth

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
Tried doing a search but there is so much to go thru. I had to change computers cause my older Mini Mac kept reloading BYC search page...over and over.....
Well anyway..... the supposedly done fecal came back "occasional roundworm. Occ Raillietina that was what in the email results sent to local in town vet......DUH like I said prev the fecal samples were mailed on Tuesday and they didn't do anything like testing till Monday afternoon......RAH
when I talked to the Dr at Vet center Monday afternoon she said saw no reply worry there....DUH
So is it RX only ????? the local vet office said they would have to order it....Who do I believe?
I thought I read about a new worm a while back to here. and I thought it was expensive....
KATHY used to have a link with pics etc of wormers under all her posts.. So I thought so anyway. I thought I had all in a bookmark too under "chickens health"
Blakey still in the basement and won't eat

Praziquantel is better for treatment of tapeworms in chickens. Roundworms are the most common worm, and if there is only an occasional one in the sample, it doesn't sound like a heavy infestation. Either Valbazen or SafeGuard would be good to use. Even Wazine17 which only treats roundworm, would be good enough, and it can be used in the water for 24 hours.

Praziquantel is better for treatment of tapeworms in chickens. Roundworms are the most common worm, and if there is only an occasional one in the sample, it doesn't sound like a heavy infestation. Either Valbazen or SafeGuard would be good to use. Even Wazine17 which only treats roundworm, would be good enough, and it can be used in the water for 24 hours.
so it must be RX. . is there anyway w can get it on our own?
we gave .5 for most of the girls and more to Goldie cause she is heavier...UNFORTUNATELY. gave the others last nite. CAUSE HUBBY IS SO TIRED AND irritated. at nite. we both exhausted all the time in reality.
should we redo Blakey again since she is the sick one with a mushy crop?and still in the house prob starving

so it must be RX. . is there anyway w can get it on our own?
we gave .5 for most of the girls and more to Goldie cause she is heavier...UNFORTUNATELY. gave the others last nite. CAUSE HUBBY IS SO TIRED AND irritated. at nite. we both exhausted all the time in reality.
should we redo Blakey again since she is the sick one with a mushy crop?and still in the house prob starving
Praziquantel is not prescription only, but it is expensive. Cheaper to buy Equimax horse paste. It contains praziquantel and ivermectin. Dose to treat tapeworms is 0.03 ml per pound (0.15 ml for a five pound hen).

Back
Top Bottom