Dang it!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tattooedchickenlady, Nov 20, 2008.

1. tattooedchickenlady

tattooedchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Dinky Springs, la
    I had to buy a bator last month when my broody abandoned her egg, and in my haste, I got a Hovabator. Well it woks fine, best I can tell anyway, but my friend gave me a turner. Only problem is, it's an LG turner. It sits down in the bator, everything looks good, but the motor assembly sticks up just a little too far.

I have a 3 yo son, and opening the bator twice a day to turn the eggs is FAR too tempting for him to leave alone, so can I modify it? What can I do, short of buying ANOTHER bator? Please, don't dare suggest that! LOL

Oh, and any suggestion where to find the best thermometer/hygromometer is appreciated.

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

If the turner fits I would remove the motor an use the turner without it. Just put a stick threw the vent hole to push the eggs from side to side.

3. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Wal-Mart in the thermometer section you can get a good one for about 6-10 bucks. Mine works great!

4. tattooedchickenlady

tattooedchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Dinky Springs, la
    Ok, thanks guys, I'll have to see if I can remove the motor, and I'll check out the Mart to see if I can find a suitable thermo/hygro.
    I'm expecting eggs from the gg swap and from the1much any day now.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by