Dang, two sets of Jersey Giant eggs NO good....wanted as gift.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vetgirl00us, Jul 20, 2010.

1. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I have tried with two sets of Jersey Giant eggs after being unable to find anyone selling younguns or adults with no luck. Air cells broken, blood rings, quitters....[​IMG]
    My stepdad has been sooooo sweet and has built me 3 huge pens PLUS a giant 2 sided brooder as well as a couple of other small, plastic brooders and he was wanting some Jersey Giants. I snuck some eggs two times in the bator and each time no luck. My luck with shipped eggs keeps getting worse and worse.....

I raise bantams but don't know anyone with Giants except one guy who only has a roo and all his chicks are just mixed breed for meat eggs.

And of course, the chicks were going to be a surprise gift.....[​IMG]:he:he

2. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

google Maria Hall in Southern Indiana she usually has chicks and young birds available. Been raising Giants for several years now and very nice stock. She will also ship FYI

3. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    You should contact Fluffy-Butt-Farms on BYC and see if she'll sell you any eggs from her flock. She was offering them on the egg chain thread earlier this week.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  4. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    Thanks guys. I think I will hold off on the eggs for now what with shipping issues lowering hatch rate and then the heat being so bad. Chicks I might can do.

5. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I just had a great hatch with JG eggs from Monkeyingaroundfarm on here.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by