Dang! What a response! RE: UPS driver

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 3, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We have an excellent UPS driver.

He is always so cheerful it makes one smile. He knows that I have free range chickens, so he's always very careful coming up our driveway. I've also noticed how carefully he handles packages. So last time he was here delivering I asked for his full name so I could compliment him to the company. He said I didn't have to do that, that he was just "doing his job", but I insisted.

I emailed UPS to compliment him. So far I have heard back from UPS' corporate headquarters, the manager of the depot the driver works at, and now just got a phone call from his supervisor.

So nice to know that this driver will get the recognition he deserves. Wish all delivery drivers were this nice.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How wonderful! Good job! [​IMG] I believe that good people should always be recognized for a job well done!! Doesn't it make you feel great? [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    b.hromada :

How wonderful! Good job! [​IMG] I believe that good people should always be recognized for a job well done!! Doesn't it make you feel great? [​IMG]

Yes and maybe it will have a trickle down effect. Other drivers will see him getting recognition for a good well done and will strive to do theirs better.​

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    So many people are quick to make phone calls or write letters when they have complaints. It is so refreshing to hear when people take the time out to make those calls or write those letters to compliment someone else's job well done.

It also encourages people to work harder and do better in their jobs if they know that they may actually be recognized for it or at least thanked for it.

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    awe! what a nice thing to do!! people do deserve that extra compliment!! I spend more at one grocery store in town, just because the service is better!! way to go ups!!! [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I once followed a service/repair truck for many miles. The driver as careful, considerate and making good time. I called the company when I got home just to say good job, because so many service trucks drive like road rage warriors.

Danged if I didn't get a hand written thank you note from the driver, he had gotten a raise and promotion, in part due to that call.

We have a small grocery store in the one stoplight town near us. The manager knows me by sight. If he has an employee doing a good job I make it a point to let him know. And if someone is being surly, he gets to hear that, too!

I am a firm believer in letting people know when they do a good/great job!

8. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Way to go,. you made his day! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW we LOVE our UPS man Mr. Dave,. he always has a treat for our old dog,.. Macaroni goes nuts when he sees the big brown truck!

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

YOU are a wonderful person Grits! [​IMG]

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:THIS~!

And when I spotted the "corporate" honchos in my local grocery one day I was certain to go up to them and tell them that it was the people in the store that made me bring my business there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by