Danged enabler!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crickett, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    While out driving today with DH, we passed a sign that said "chicks 4 sale" I didn't even see it! So what does hubby do? Turns the car around and heads back! Now I have 8 new chicks! I've had to make another broody box, I have 26 eggs in the bator due to hatch next week, and 17 teenage chicks who will be goin into the coop come tuesday! Now wonder I'm obssesed! He keeps feeding my addiction![​IMG]

So does anyone have the number of CA? *ahem* My name is Kimberly and I'm a chick-a-holic.[​IMG]

2. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    I only have so much room or I would be right there with you!!

3. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Well, All of you people on here are ENABLERS! Does anyone feel bad about it? I doubt it.

I thought I would get a couple of ducks. Well, I have four 4 week olds that are growing so fast. Went to the feed store last week and came home with five Bantam chicks.

Reading BYC posts and ended up ordering 18 Silkie Eggs from a BYC member. Should be here today.

When will it stop? My name is Linda and ......

4. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Well, I DID want some RIR! Now I've got four! [​IMG] Also two more Doms and two Buffs. I may never sleep again! [​IMG]

5. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I like your Dream saying. I saw one "Do not let Reality Get in the way of your dreams"

6. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I posted new pics of my new banties that I bought for my Mom. I thought oh this is terrible, we don't need more chicks. We have 17 - 10 week olds. I couldn't resist....Should we feel bad about it?

Not after watching my Mom preening over "little ones." It was sheer joy.

7. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    My husband is an enabler too . . . he is just the best!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by