Danged ole do good neighbor killed my chickens!

Urban Chaos

Songster
8 Years
Feb 9, 2011
Austin
hit.gif

hit.gif

hit.gif

Came home to all but 1 dead. I'd left my dogs in the garage w/ food & water while I went to a meeting this evening and left the chickens out to roam the yard as they pleased. This is a typical action though I sometimes leave the dogs in the house. Today, I left them in the garage because they hadnt eaten yet and I dont like feeding them in the house. The garage is well ventilated and is safe for the dogs. Well, I come home and my heart drops, the dogs are in the back yard. I ran and surveyed the destruction. All but 1 gone (the survivor is my "chicken ninny" she ran to the coop and was safe. I tried to open the side door to the garage and it was locked - not something we do. My guess is that a neighbor saw the dogs (our garage has windows that you can see in from the street) or heard them barking and came to "rescue" them. I cant be entirely upset as whoever let them into the yard didnt realize the chickens were out, but still. Really? you gotta come and free my perfectly safe dogs? My garage actually has AC it is dog heaven. They like it in there. Now I have to explain to my boy that the girls he raised from babies are gone. We had done so much to predator proof our coop/run/yard, we'd worked out a schedule where the dogs are inside while the girls are out. I dont know what to do, I dont know who let the dogs out (ha ha), and when I find out, I dont know what I'll say. Anyway, just had to let it out. Thanks for reading.

Down to 1,
Victoria

Oh man I am SOOOO sorry about your loss. I completely feel your pain, though our loss was due to a trio of coyotes. Find the neighbor. Find out who did this and let them know they really have no business getting into YOUR business without a phone call. Nicely of course, I am just really mad for you right now.

Oh wow, i would be so ticked. Soo ticked.
How DARE they come on your property and touch ANYTHING! Wow, i would even be so inclined to call the cops...

One of your neighbors is obviously an idiot. I'm sorry you lost your chickens. I would be horribly peeved with the neighbor. Not only did they trespass, they caused harm. They managed to get your chickens killed, and could have caused the dogs to get hurt too. I think you need to talk to whoever did this and point out all the mistakes they made, and could have caused.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry! It is hart braking, I would tell the neighbor that the dogs got out some how, and see if he/she comes clean at the very least he/she wont do it again. As bad as it is they were trying to be nice.
smack.gif
but it doesn't help and the dogs were just being dogs I have to keep 2 of mine locked up when my are out. Sorry again.

Back
Top Bottom