1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dangerous camaflouge!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, May 5, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It's raining again, surprise! surprise! [​IMG]

Despite the rain I decided to put on an old camo rainjacket and go out to the coop to get some work done.
    It quickly grew too hot for the jacket, so I took it off and laid it across the fence outside the coop.
    When I was done I came out of the coop to find the jacket in shreds on the ground and Thor standing over it, panting real hard. That'll teach that jacket to come into HIS chicken yard! [​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    The 8th straight day of rain with family coming to visit this weekend for the first time at this place. What a first impression. Maybe I can bale the front yard instead of just cutting it.

I love your stories.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Isn't this rain just something else?!?!
    Having grown up in the mountains of NC I'm used to pretty SUNNY springs.
    We just bought one of those public alert weather radios. I love how it gives us plenty of warning, but it's been going off non-stop these days. [​IMG]

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:I had that thought myself [​IMG]

It stopped raining long enough for me to visit my babies too, I took 28 pictures [​IMG]

Your poor jacket! That's just too funny.

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Well, that Jacket will not sneak up on them again! LOL

We got our garden planted just in time for this rain and boy is it raining.. I promise, I am not complaining (we had a terrible drought for almost three years here), but if the rain stays around long--we are gonna have to cut our grass with the bush-hog...even the big riding mower will not handle it...

Never thought about baleing it !!!LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by