1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dangerous new rug

Discussion in 'Geese' started by The goose girl, Sep 8, 2010.

1. The goose girl

The goose girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    I thoughtlessly placed a small orange rug on the floor. Little did I know it resembled "Rug of the Living Dead"! My goose Keld was scared stiff of it. [​IMG] He stopped several feet away from it and started whimpering. And there he stayed for half an hour, poor goose. Well, a little dry cat food on the rug did the trick - he cautiously got closer, but soon his appetite overruled his fright, and he entered the rug gulping down the kibble. Ta-daaaa!

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG]

3. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

4. floridaquilter

floridaquilter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    oh yeah..the catfood does the trick everytime!! [​IMG]

5. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    I have to be very careful about changing anything in the part of my house the geese can visit. A paper bag on the floor can cause fear.

I use dog peewee pads on the floor of their night time pen in my room. I forgot to replenish my supply and had to use an old plush throw for the floor, it was bright yellow with flowers. I put Petey in there and he almost destroyed my room freaking out and flapping to get away from the evil yellow throw. In order to get them to sleep AT ALL, I had to use almost a whole roll of paper towels to cover the throw and make it looks white like the peewee pads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by