1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Danish Leghorns Someone please tell me what to look for in rooster!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Free Range Mama, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Free Range Mama

Free Range Mama Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    We have too many roosters and have to pick the best one for breeding. I can't find any info about danish leghorns online. Does anyone have any good advice for what to look for/what to breed out of a chicken? Some have more white at the base of their tail and some have beige or white in their wings. They are very beautiful birds.

Thanks

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  3. Free Range Mama

Free Range Mama Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    Thanks!

4. danhonour

danhonour Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    Dutchess County,NY
    Back in the late 1920,s, Brown Leghorn,were divided into Dark Browns and Light Browns.The pullet bred line became the Light Browns and the male line became the Dark Browns.It was double mating carried to excess.Before the division,when single mated,they were the old fashioned brown Leghorn,neither too light or dark.The Danish Brown Leghorn is a commercial egg bred line of the old fashioned type Brown Leghorn.They are a somewhat darker version of the Light Brown Leghorn with a coarser stippling,but on duckwing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by