1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

D'Anvers, D'Uccles, Spangled Hamburgs, Cream Brabanters and ISA Browns

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by ESofVA, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I am looking for eggs or day old chicks that can be shipped to VA. If there is anyone that lives in VA and has those breeds in chicks or adults I could probably drive to get a few.
    PLMK and TY

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Did you try the hatcheries like McMurray, Welp, Ideal, Meyer, etc.?

Only they usually have a 25 chick minimum and 30 for bantams. MyPetChicken might still have a small chick order ability....

3. ESofVA

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I have a poutry hatchery that I am considering ordering from if I cannto get what I would like t have elsewhere.
    TY

Also. there are a few colors I would like to have that I cannot find at a hatchery.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  4. Gagirly

Gagirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    Which color d'uccles are you looking for ?

5. ESofVA

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    Multiple...any...

6. Gagirly

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    I could send some eggs. Some of them are just starting to lay again. I would say in about 2 weeks they should be going well enough to send some out. I'm still waiting for the mille fleurs to start laying but I'm getting a few eggs from the porcelains, black mottles, blacks and golden necks. I have some chicks, but not enough to ship safely. I could ship a smaller number when they get a little older (in March). I have mille fleur and black mottle chicks.

7. ESofVA

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    That would be wonderful!!! I wouldn't even mind chicks, but not plder ones...the airfare is too high. Can you ship into VA???
    TY TY TY!!

8. Gagirly

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    I looked up the VA regulations for shipping fertilized eggs. There's a form I have to fill out and send to get a number that has to be on the boxes sent. I can't find an email or mailing address to get the form. Maybe you could find out ?

9. ESofVA

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I didn't think there were forms except for chicks. Chicks require NPIP cert but I will look tomorrow
    TY!!!

10. ESofVA

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    I looked it up and you have to have a VA permit from the State Vet in VA to ship. Of course, I could just try to find some on Ebay and not have that problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by