Danville Ohio Swappers Days 2009

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by preppy*hippie*chick, May 2, 2009.

1. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Dates: June 19th & 20th

August 28th & 29th

I believe they're sunup to sundown. Iposted on last years thread regarding this one without looking at the dates - oops!

15780 Body Road
    Danville Ohio

(740) 599-6607

They also hold auctions on the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of every month. The auction starts at 9AM - poultry & waterfowl go at 1 PM.

2. blondechick

blondechick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Southeastern Ohio
    I think my day off falls on june 19. I'm going to try and go. Not sure I can talk the rest of the clan into getting up at 5:00 a.m. to be there at 7:00. [​IMG]

3. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Lots of good stuff there. [​IMG] There will be one in Mt Hope on the 15 & 16th of May. I will be at that one also. I will have a trio of cuckoo marans, a pair of black sumatras, RIR hens, and lots of chicks. Breeds are Salmon faverolles, appenzellar spitzenhaubens, BLRW, and maybe some EE's. [​IMG] I love the swaps they are so much fun! I will be wearing my yellow "Chillin' with my Peeps" shirt. As long as it is not too cold. [​IMG] Hope you can make it to all of them.
    [​IMG]

4. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    man.. I was hoping 'Danville' was close to me.. but, I just googled it.. *sigh* Looks like its to far..

5. Harley's girl

How about Mt. Hope? I will tell you it is worth the drive. At both Mt. Hope swaps last year I got BLRW. [​IMG] You will fine some great things there!

6. EricShane

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    lol.. I hate to say it.. but Mt Hope is even Faaaarther!

*sigh*

Theres 'never' anything around here! Maybe I should start one someday! lol

7. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Mount Hope might be a hike from me too. Hmmm....

8. Harley's girl

Aw, You guys should really make the trip! It is so much fun! I wanted to go to Lucasville but had plans that weekend and that one was I think just over an hour and a half away! But I have heard that they have so many breeds! [​IMG] I did not get to go to the Ohio nationals (that was my oldest DD b-day) I am hoping to go this year! [​IMG] No pressure but there are so many things to choose from. Not just chickens. Last year the first Mt. Hope swap had coons, squirrels, ground hogs, and skunks for sale!!! [​IMG] They were adorable. They also have peafowl, pheasants, and quail. (There is lots of fowl at play there! [​IMG] [​IMG] )

9. EricShane

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    i went to lucasville! I wasnt impressed.. it gets dumpier and dumpier every year.. less nice animals.. more sick animals and trash for sale.. lol

10. Harley's girl

Oh no! That is so sad. I was told that it is the best of the best! If you want it they got it. [​IMG] Sad how quickly things go sour. I sure hope it gets cleaned up soon. Still hope you guys get to make it up this way! I just had 37 chicks hatch out! [​IMG] They are the cutest things ever! I will be taking most of them to the Mt. Hope swap. If I have any left over they will be at the Danville swap. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by