Daphne’s sick

Pics

Daphne_loves_mealworms

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 13, 2018
Vermont
And I’m terrified. I’ve called two vets. I’m waiting to hear back from 1, and the other got me in for an appointment tomorrow, which I think would be too late. She seemed 100% normal last night. She had stopped laying over the past week, but everyone else in my area said their ducks had also stopped laying. This morning, she is a bit lethargic and not as eager to eat. After I let her out, 1 full egg came out + a partial (egg membrane). I’m scared that she might have peritonitis. Daphne needs to be ok. If she isn’t, I think I’m done with ducks. I can’t keep going through this. It hurts too much.

AD5DF917-1969-40AA-9855-B51F3B58E237.jpeg
At the vet waiting on the doctor. Daphne wants to know where the pool is.

I’m definitely keeping her appointment for tomorrow. She has supervised free-range time. No known dietary indiscretions.

She’s definitely appreciating the warm bath. She’s eaten roughly 1 ton of mealworms and has pooped normally twice. She’s showing some personality and has wagged her tail a little. The tub is a disaster already!

Thank you all very much. I’m still very much worried about Daphne. She was bright at the vet, but less so before and after. I’ve made her pen extra cozy for the night. She didn’t want to be separated from the others. I think I’ll know by the morning if she’s going to make it or not. She is straining off and on as though she wants to pass an egg, but the vet didn’t feel anything abnormal down there. I still have a bad feeling. Please pray for her or send vibes or just some positive thoughts. Thank you all again. :fl

Back
Top Bottom