gohappy

Chirping
May 24, 2018
Re-homing Dark Brahma, Hilliard, Florida

"Big Mama" now called "Big Daddy" , is a pure-bread Dark Brahma roo.

He was 15 weeks July 1. I bought him as a straight four days after he was born from a local breeder. He started crowing this week and in the city limits of Hillard we are not aloud to have Roosters. So very sad to say we can not keep him and he needs a new home very soon with his own flock.

Up until he started crowing he free ranged most of the day. Now we have to keep him in the house and he gets yard time several hours a day due to the morning crowing.

We have been training him to come when we whistle and/or call his names since he was a baby. Since we now call him "Big Daddy" instead of "Big Mama" he seems confused, but is leaning his new name.

He still is not doing rooster things like fighting or mounting (lucky for my other small chickens). The only thing "rooster" he is doing is crowing in the morning. But that may all change.

Selling / re-homing fee: Just promise me he will have a good home.

Reply here on backyardchickens.com, Text, or Call (must leave a message) and I'll get back to you.
(Nine 0 4) 4 two two - 1 eight 9 nine

MUST bring a cage to transport.

Will meet in a public place.

Attachments

• IMG_20180705_113259.jpg
    IMG_20180705_113259.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Big Daddy was re-homed over he weekend. I cried like a baby, as I love him so much and will miss him deeply. The lady that took him said she had a Dark Brahma pullet that just started laying. I am hopping to buy one of her chicks/pullets later down the road.

Back
Top Bottom