Dark Brahma Standards, and Bantams, nowhere to be found?

KazAnder Farms

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
Machias, WA
Good Afternoon everyone I wanted to know if anyone has, has had, or hasn't had any luck in finding this particular breed. I've been searching for about a Month or so for hatching eggs. I finally found a breeder that can provide both however its about $50 shipping minimum order of 25 banties and 15 standards. I don't have a problem with getting that many I just wanted to know if there were any other gene pools i can tap into later to keep from inbreeding
wink.png
. Our little 2 acres is located in Western washington state. Hopefully I have a neighbor nearby I didn't know about.
fl.gif

Look up Carole Of Fowlvisions on here I hatched some eggs from her and they are BEAUTIFUL!!! Too bad you aren't closer I'm in cali have a few chicks I'm getting rid of.

Thanks a bunch I will. When my boys and girls grow up I'll be sure to post some pics, by next year we should be waist deep in Dark Brahma, with a few Silkies to boot.

I was lucky enough to come across some dark brahma bantams last spring. I was told they are from Don Emery's stock out of Pennsylvania. I have no idea if this is true but the birds are very nice quality and have won at the ohio national before I bought them. I am just starting to learn the bantam brahma standard and hope to get some nice chicks this spring. I am in Wisconsin and might be able to send some eggs later in the spring.

oh wonderful perhaps we could do an egg swap. I could send some Pic's to see if they are good enough to standard. I Have a 01' Book of Perfection (breed standards) and we plan on showing them at the Evergreen State fair over here. So hopefully we can get you some progeny of some blue ribbon winners. Thanks!

They most likely are some of Don's birds. A few of us around here locally (northwest PA) have his stock. I consider myself fortunate to have met this man and have some of his birds. He is so knowledgeable and helpful...
Quote:

I have a Fowlvisions roo over two hatchery type hens. Only one is laying right now, sorta hit and miss. The fertility is great and they hatch really well. The hen is laying a nice big egg too, but needs work on lacing and less foot feathering. She could be bigger too. And a nicer tail, and a bigger, shorter head. And yellower feet. LOLOL

I'd be interested in some better eggs from a show line if anyone wants to sell.

Well we'll keep in touch after ours mature and see how they turn out, it is pretty difficult to get a good bantam type (don't think the best type exists yet) We got our initial stock from Duane Urch and he hasn't let us down yet. But he we have about 20 dark bantams right now but they're all about 3 weeks old
jumpy.gif
Once we establish a good show line we might ship eggs, but We've been told it's near impossible to tell what will be a good SQ bird until it's more mature.

Back
Top Bottom