1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dark Bramha Bantam Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by For-The-Love-Of-Chickens, Apr 8, 2009.

1. For-The-Love-Of-Chickens

For-The-Love-Of-Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Washington State
    Just curious what color they are? And I have heard that they take A LOT longer to mature to egg laying age than other breeds. Is this true? If it is, how long? We have one little hen, about 8 weeks old. We picked her up and brought her home because she was so tiny we couldn't resist! Thanks! [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I don't have the bantam brahmas. Mine are LF brahma.
    My youngest girl to lay was 19 weeks old. The last two to lay were over nine months (38 weeks) old.
    The eggs run from a very light tan - the color of a porcelian doll's face - to a pretty shade of pink.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  3. jemagsy

jemagsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Georgia
    I've read they are brown, right now we only have a buff banty roo though, so that's only what I've read, but I imagine they can run the breadth of shades and tints. Try doing a google image search for "brahma eggs" or something similar.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    got 'em...light brown to that pinky color. Ours are young and not real regular...not sure if it is the weather or them...I would say they are a bit slower

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by