Dark Brown Leghorn??

Acre4Me

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 12, 2017
Western Ohio
33 weeks old. Sold as Dark Brown Leghorn (purchased 1 day old chicks). Supposed to lay white (or cream?) eggs, but not laying that we can tell since all the rest of our chicken lay brown or green eggs. So, is this a Dark Brown Leghorn? If so, are they late layers?

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.37.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.36.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.36.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.35.33 PM.png

Pattern, leg color, earlobe color, and comb type all point to Dark Brown Leghorn. With all that red comb and her age its hard to believe she isn't laying. Any chance she is hiding the eggs somewhere? Its possible she isn't laying yet I suppose. Its also possible she may have an internal defect that prevents her from laying also.

Pattern, leg color, earlobe color, and comb type all point to Dark Brown Leghorn. With all that red comb and her age its hard to believe she isn't laying. Any chance she is hiding the eggs somewhere? Its possible she isn't laying yet I suppose. Its also possible she may have an internal defect that prevents her from laying also.

Well, we've only gotten green and brown eggs. We thought we had gotten a few white/cream eggs, but my tween thinks that they were really pale green eggs (and one EE does lay pale green eggs). Anyway, we have 3 of these DBL birds - all same age, and no white eggs. And if we did get any white eggs we've only gotten 5 that might be cream/white, but 3 of those were about 6 weeks or more ago and 2 others more recently.

Back
Top Bottom