Dark Chicken Stories

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lacey1988, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Dark but Funny story so don't press back when you see the word kill

Today my grandmother decided to tell me about the first time she "killed" a chicken. [​IMG]

This is her story.... She was about 6 or 7 years old when my great grandma called her in the yard.When my grandmother went to her my great grandma pointed out in the yard she said "You see them chickens there peanut, I want you to kill me one." Now my grandma had seen her mamma do it a thousand times and so thought well yeah I got this. She told me back in them days they didn't have them combs that you put the chicken in and bleed em. She said They would grab em by the head and use them like a chicken whip. Basically *POP* goes the chickens neck.So my grandma goes down there grabs one up by the head and whips it just like her mamma has shown her as soon as she whipped it she dropped it she said "It layed there a minute so I thought it was dead but when I reached down to pick it up it jumped up at me and squawked at me." "It scared me so d*** bad that I took off running one way and the chicken took off the other." [​IMG] [​IMG] She said I've never tried to kill one since.

She told me that story and I liked to passed out from laughing so hard [​IMG].....My grandmother is an old southern woman so just imagine someone telling you that in a thick southern accent [​IMG]

The amazing thing about this is that she told me her mamma use to kill like 40 chickens a day like that for people...one after another...and all they would get out of it was the feet

2. KauAnnie

KauAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Maui
    Over here, they tie the chickens foot to a tree or pole and chop the head off and the chicken will run and run and run! Without its head, all the blood would be shooting out like crazy. And eventually the chicken will give up and die. I have only seen it once and it turned me vegetarian. Haha:lol:

3. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:HAHAHA, what a story. Thank you for sharing that.

4. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by