1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dark Cornish, Blue Wyandotte Cross?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by crait, Nov 21, 2008.

1. crait

crait Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Hi!
    What kind of characteristics would a Dark Cornish, Blue Wyandotte cross have?
    I'm not asking for a professional to look at the exact genes and tell me exactly what they would look like because that's impossible.
    The father would look like this: http://www.freewebs.com/nannyp/small%20rosie.jpg
    He
    would have a rose comb though.
    The mother would look like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/DkCornishHen.jpg

If
    anyone has a Cornish Wyandote hybrid and has pictures to share, that would be cool to see! [​IMG]

2. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    I can tell you that the color will be blue and black. The blues should have some black tips some of the feathers; should resemble spangling.

The body type will be in between the cornish and wyandotte. The feathers will be soft. Should be a stocky looking wyandotte.

Here is a picture of an blue easter egger and cornish cross.

[​IMG]

Tim

3. crait

crait Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Wow, that actually looks a lot like both of them!
    Lol.
    What would the comb be like?
    I'm still not completely understanding them. Are they different throughout a certain species? Or are they species dependant?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  4. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    You should get a walnut comb/strawberry comb

Tim

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by