dark cornish?? male or female??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sunket77, May 16, 2011.

1. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    Hi everyone! I received these chickens from a friend, she said they where labeled amerucauna at the feed store! definitely not! I believe the feed store they came from orders through Ideal...funny enough this is how I ended up with one guinea b/c of mislabeling at the same feed store! I would hope they are at least pullets, but then again if they are cornish I guess it doesn't matter since they are meat birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i'm seeing a pullet and a cockerel

3. debducttape

debducttape Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    One of each

4. sunket77

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    thanks! are they cornish/ indian game? to me their legs look kind of long to be cornish but the only ones I have seen are bantams at poultry shows.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:There not pure Cornish.
    Cornish have Pea Comb and the one bird you have look to have Rose Comb and the other looke to have a Single comb.

Chris

6. sunket77

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    I think they look that way in the pics also, but they are both pea comb, just one is a little bigger than the other. I know it's not rose, we have lots of chickens w/ rose comb ....looking at the pics I would say the same as you though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by