Dark Cornish, Week 4 Update....

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by beebiz, Nov 9, 2007.

1. beebiz

beebiz Songster

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Hey all! Though my back is better, it is still a long way from being right!! At least it was in good enough condition to check the boys out.

I have had these Dark Cornish chicks exactly 4 weeks today. All 26 chicks are doing great, growing like weeds, eating, and drinking like there's no tomorrow. Unfortunately, the only scale that I have which could possibly weigh these guys only weighs 16 ounces (1 pound). There were seven of them that weighed between 14 and 16 ounces. I don't know how much the other 19 weigh, but I know they burried the needle on the 16 ounce scale!!

There are a couple of the chicks in the pics that I banded before I took their picture. I know there is one that looks like it might be a bit tight, but don't worry. I made sure that all bands were plenty tight. I think it is just the way the band is turned that makes it look tight.

Here are pics of some of the prospective terminal sires for my Buffs:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I hope you all enjoy the pictures!!

Robert

2. greyfields

greyfields Crowing

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I like the middle row, middle picture best at this point. Looks like his legs are very far apart which will give you a very wide breast. Way to follow through with it! I'm proud.

3. beebiz

beebiz Songster

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Thanks greyfields!! They were pretty uneasy about where I had put them to get the pics, so they weren't in their "typical" stance! Because of that, you can't tell it so much in the pics; but they all have good stances. Even so, I've got to admit it.... he's my favorite too!! [​IMG]

Robert

4. firechicken

firechicken Songster

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Looking good!! Can't wait to see the outcome.

5. beebiz

beebiz Songster

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Quote:You can't wait to see my wife's chicken-'n-dumplin's!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know, I know.... thousands of commedians out of work and I'm trying to be funny!! [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment!! I can't wait to see the outcome either!!

Robert

6. firechicken

firechicken Songster

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Quote:You can't wait to see my wife's chicken-'n-dumplin's!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know, I know.... thousands of commedians out of work and I'm trying to be funny!! [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment!! I can't wait to see the outcome either!!

Robert

Hey, just send me a jar full of them dumplings so I can really see how they turn out!!

7. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Songster

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Thanks for sharing! I'm very interested in this topic. Great looking boys. [​IMG]

8. beebiz

beebiz Songster

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Thanks for the compliment, pawtraitart!! I would tell the boys what you said, but I'm afraid that it would make their heads swell!! [​IMG]

Quote:Alright.... I'll put whatever is left over in a jar and mail it to you!! Now, you go hold your breath and wait for them..... ok???? [​IMG]

Robert

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: