Dark Cornish, Week 4 Update....

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by beebiz, Nov 9, 2007.

1. beebiz

beebiz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Hey all! Though my back is better, it is still a long way from being right!! At least it was in good enough condition to check the boys out.

I have had these Dark Cornish chicks exactly 4 weeks today. All 26 chicks are doing great, growing like weeds, eating, and drinking like there's no tomorrow. Unfortunately, the only scale that I have which could possibly weigh these guys only weighs 16 ounces (1 pound). There were seven of them that weighed between 14 and 16 ounces. I don't know how much the other 19 weigh, but I know they burried the needle on the 16 ounce scale!!

There are a couple of the chicks in the pics that I banded before I took their picture. I know there is one that looks like it might be a bit tight, but don't worry. I made sure that all bands were plenty tight. I think it is just the way the band is turned that makes it look tight.

Here are pics of some of the prospective terminal sires for my Buffs:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I hope you all enjoy the pictures!!

Robert

2. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I like the middle row, middle picture best at this point. Looks like his legs are very far apart which will give you a very wide breast. Way to follow through with it! I'm proud.

3. beebiz

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Thanks greyfields!! They were pretty uneasy about where I had put them to get the pics, so they weren't in their "typical" stance! Because of that, you can't tell it so much in the pics; but they all have good stances. Even so, I've got to admit it.... he's my favorite too!! [​IMG]

Robert

4. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Looking good!! Can't wait to see the outcome.

5. beebiz

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Quote:You can't wait to see my wife's chicken-'n-dumplin's!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know, I know.... thousands of commedians out of work and I'm trying to be funny!! [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment!! I can't wait to see the outcome either!!

Robert

6. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Quote:You can't wait to see my wife's chicken-'n-dumplin's!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know, I know.... thousands of commedians out of work and I'm trying to be funny!! [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment!! I can't wait to see the outcome either!!

Robert

Hey, just send me a jar full of them dumplings so I can really see how they turn out!!

7. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Thanks for sharing! I'm very interested in this topic. Great looking boys. [​IMG]

8. beebiz

Jul 2, 2007
    W. Tennessee
    Thanks for the compliment, pawtraitart!! I would tell the boys what you said, but I'm afraid that it would make their heads swell!! [​IMG]

Quote:Alright.... I'll put whatever is left over in a jar and mail it to you!! Now, you go hold your breath and wait for them..... ok???? [​IMG]

Robert

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by