Dark Cornish?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Greenthumb83, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Greenthumb83

Greenthumb83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2016
    Just looking for some opinions on my supposed Easter Egger. I bought her as a sexed EE pullet. She is 13 weeks old. A very knowledgeable member on here saw her pic and said she may be a dark cornish and not an EE. Wasn't expecting that! lol Opinions?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    She doesn't look like a Cornish now. If she was she'd have lacing through all of her feathers and thick, yellow, stumpy legs. I'd love some bantam ones one day - they look like the missing link between dinosaurs and birds. Your girl looks like a much more delicate featured creature.

1 person likes this.
  3. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    x2

4. Greenthumb83

Greenthumb83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2016
    She is 13 weeks old and has really looked the same for a long time. She has green legs like an EE, but a clean face. I am lost on this bird lol. I am not sure what she is. As a new chick, she had chipmunk stripes and looked just like my other EE from the same bin. Maybe I just got a weird cross. [​IMG]

I did look up the dark cornish, since I am not familiar with them. My girl is very narrow; doesn't have that wide full breast like a cornish. The banties do look like mini dinosaurs lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by