Dark egg layers - looking to buy eggs soon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wildsky, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I'm looking to find a breeder of dark egg layers like Welsummers or Marans....

I don't want eggs right NOW, but in a few months I'd really like 6-12 eggs to hatch along with other eggs I'm wanting to buy.

Anyone know a breeder or are you a breeder?

Thanks

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I'm getting Welsummer eggs from MotherGoose and Marans eggs from Ginasmarans. I've heard really good things about both of them ( and their eggs )

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Get your Welsummer eggs from Christie Ritter, mothergoose. Nice, very dark eggs and pretty birds. Here is her website address http://www.freewebs.com/ritterlivestock/

Gina
    Rinks has Marans, but I've only gotten Speckled Sussex from her. She packs well.

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Thank you guys so much - I'm hoping to get a co-ordinated shipping of Arucana's from Jody and then a dark egg layer - so I can pop em all in my bator at the same time [​IMG]

Oh yeah, I got a bator! [​IMG]

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

The marans breeder of america has a yahoo group which is very informative. There are a few people on that group that have worldclass marans... Here's the yahoo group address. Subscribe: [email protected] I believe they also have a website... not positive.

6. bjcoop

bjcoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Western New York
    I have a nice pair of everyday cuckoo marans. My "Maren" lays what I think is a nice brown egg and she lays almost every day. My roo is a perfect match for Maren. The darkest eggs are hers.

[​IMG]

They are under a year old, and sit and talk to each other. lol
    The cost would be shipping--if someone might have advice on best ways to pack.
    --bjcoop

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Nice dark eggs there

what laid the egg between the two dark eggs - that looks almost Khaki!!!! Awesome (I'm all about the color of the egg)

8. bjcoop

bjcoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Western New York
    The Khaki eggs are from my golden americana. They are pretty too.
    I like the variety of colors. When I give eggs away people are thrilled to see the variety of colors in the carton.
    --bjcoop

9. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Cyn & Sharon,
    Thanks again for refering my welsummers! You guys are great.

Cheryl,
    I sent you an email.
    Thanks,
    Christie [​IMG]

10. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    hiya Christie!! i will be needing more favs eggs again in march let me know sometime that mth when is good for you. didn't know u had wels i'll see if i can talk mike into getting some of them this time around too.
    thanks,
    silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by