dark green, foamy poop???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by quintinp, Jun 18, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    what causes this, i have seen the different poop charts, but not one that really has the same picture of poo as my chickens poop

2. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    there could be harmless reasons for changes in the color or shape of a chicken's poop. Have they been eating a lot of greens? I notice when I give mine any of the dark leafy vegetables their poop is dark green. It has been hot here and mine have been drinking a lot of water - their poop has been really runny lately. No cause for me to be concerned, as they are otherwise their normal crazy selves. Have you been giving your chickens any vegetables or snacks that could have caused the change in color or consistency?

3. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    ohhhhhh............. my chicken get pretty much snacks all the time, i have been letting them free range, a lot though here lately, but what about the foamy poop

4. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Have you seen the "poop chart"? Foamy is pictured under the normal poops. Has there been a change in your chickens' poop lately? Any change in diet? Are your chickens otherwise acting normally? If they have always been healthy and have no symptoms of illness, perhaps this is normal for them?

5. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    well they have been acting fine, they are all crazy (as usual)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by