Dark inside...Good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fussy8, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Fussy8

Fussy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    When i candled the eggs on the 9th there was a spot that was moving a little and a lot of veins running up the sides in all of them. Then on the 11th or 12th i candled them again and it was pitch black inside and two air pockets one on the end and the other on the side... is this good or bad!?!? [​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:That sounds really odd-same eggs that looked spidery now are black inside? that would not happen so fast if they all of a sudden went bad? can you candle and take a photo?

3. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    I have had that happen and I think the temp a little too high...be patient as they are developing fast and should even out before lockdown....

4. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Could be your light isn't strong enough to show detail too. You should still be able to see movement inside the egg. When candling change is good, no change or color change(pink to green) is bad.

5. Fussy8

Fussy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    thank you all and i went out to see the chooks and check the eggs and one was kicked out of from under the hen! It was cold and i checked it and it only had one vain about a chicken claw length. so i put it under the other hen and she took it! I watched one of the chicks move in the shell and "Swim" away!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by