Dark knight FLEW AWAY!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well I mean she came back... But still!

My little scovie girl sat their and then from a stand still JUMPED Up and FLEW AWAY! she was so mad when she found herself on the other side of the pasture and ran back to the flock.

she has HUMONGO wings! I mean They are bigger in proportion to her body than the wild scovie drake around here! I mean it wasnt just a little air, she was at least ten feet in the air!!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Glad she came back

Imp

3. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    It scared the poo out of me, I mean i thought she was GONE! then I saw her clumsy landing. [​IMG]

4. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Just wait till she get up there 30-40' in air... it's AWESOME!
    We did have to break down and clip Cloe's wings when she and a few other of our Scovy girls began flying over to our neighbors and landing on their two story house. [​IMG] Cloe has big white wings sooooo I just loved watching her fly..... very impressive!

If Darkwing is the only one flying there is a very good chance she won't go too far since she will want to stay close to her flock.

5. Preservation Acres

Preservation Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Agreed. She knows where her home, so whether she's free ranging or flying, she'll come home.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] My girls have only gone as far as over the house........ [​IMG] the boys are just to big to fly - they just waddle all over.

7. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I got 5 scovies a few months ago. One flew away the next day. We saw it down the road and went to go catch it and it flew away. Never saw it again. I clipped all the rest of the scovies wings the next day.

8. the Old Rebel

the Old Rebel Rest in Peace -2011

May 12, 2007
    Hendersonville NC
    THANK GOD she came back home!! I know you would have been devastated to lose her.

One of mine flew far away when my friend's dog frightened her. We looked EVERYWHERE for her. By the grace of God, we found her right at dusk on the side of the road. She wouldn't let us catch her at first, but we started walking her toward home. I prayed and prayed. Finally she let me catch her. She was one of our young ones that year. Her name is Eleana. I would have been sooooooooo sad to lose her, knowing the kind of predators we have out there.

I'm soooooooo glad Dark Knight came home too!

9. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Whew, I worry about this too. So glad she came back!!!!

10. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] I would be devastated if she or anyone flew off!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by