1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dark Phase Khaki Campbell vs. Rouen x KC

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HollyDuckFarmer, Aug 13, 2013.

1. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    How can I tell the difference? Hatch was yesterday & today, have 6 ducklings total: 3 are dark and look like Rouens, 3 look just like Khaki Campbells, 2 of those have eye stripes, 1 does not. Need help to identify breed and if someone could tell me if any of these traits are sex-linked, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
    Holly

2. wendeld

wendeld Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2013
    fort st john bc
    I dont know if i am answering your questions but khakis are solid brown as ducklings no stripes anywhere even the kegs are brown and can only be sexed by vent sexing as ducklings. I dont know anything about rouens. Hope i helped ?

3. HollyDuckFarmer

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    That does help Wendeld! Thank you! I have 1 solid khaki brown, the other 2 have eye stripes. I posted their pic on the Broody thread if you want to see them.

4. HollyDuckFarmer

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
  5. wendeld

wendeld Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2013
    fort st john bc
    Sorry for late reply. I have no.idea i have never heard of dark phase khaki she sure is prettu though

6. HollyDuckFarmer

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Thank you :) I do like her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by