Dark red, runny bloody poop (photos added)

BougieChicken

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2021
One of my Welsummers is pooping blood - straight blood from what I can tell. Sometimes it’s solid with a lot of blood, but this last time it was just runny and I witnessed it while checking on them after they went in to roost.

I should have taken a picture, but I didn’t have my phone and now it’s lost in their bedding. I will try to add that tomorro

Shes about 15-18 weeks old and is acting completely fine. Eating, drinking, comb is nice and red.

I have already added Corid to their water, as soon as I noticed the blood I added it. But I’m curious, is there anything else it could be? Should I be worried for my girl?
Any advice is helpful!

BougieChicken

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2021
One of my Welsummers is pooping blood - straight blood from what I can tell. Sometimes it’s solid with a lot of blood, but this last time it was just runny and I witnessed it while checking on them after they went in to roost.

I should have taken a picture, but I didn’t have my phone and now it’s lost in their bedding. I will try to add that tomorro

Shes about 15-18 weeks old and is acting completely fine. Eating, drinking, comb is nice and red.

I have already added Corid to their water, as soon as I noticed the blood I added it. But I’m curious, is there anything else it could be? Should I be worried for my girl?
Any advice is helpful!
Here are some photos.. another chicken is pooping the same way now ☹️
B204900A-A16E-4BB8-BA23-837753CB0AD8.jpeg
FC16DCD3-988F-453B-B5C6-9C40A0682FC3.jpeg
BEE9AD75-4031-44B2-96E4-ED5871D53DFE.jpeg

BougieChicken

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2021
Day 3 of Corid and the poop of my Welsummer looks better. Still bloody though. One of my little girls, not sure of her breed, she’s still pooping the loose crimson bloody poos. 😔 they are all acting normal though.

LaFleche

Meadow Devil
10 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
In case Corid proves not strong enough, you could get some Sulfadimethoxine. They usually improve noticeably after the first day already.

Top Bottom