Dark x Light Brahma cross? Please help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cerambyx, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Light brahma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dark brahma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dark x Light brahma

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Some other brahma coloration

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Male is something, female is something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I have no idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cerambyx

cerambyx New Egg

Sep 11, 2014
    Caserta, ITALY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hello folks. I was given these two birds and they are driving me crazy. I tried my best to convince myself they are gonna turn into 2 dark brahmas with age but as of now I seriously think they might be a cross between dark and light. Since I sell some chicks and hatching eggs I'd like to know for sure. What do you guys think? Please help!! Thanks in advance.

2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    i think the male is a white and the female is a dark/light cross...they are really pretty :) The male might have some dark in him too, he is not colored "correctly" for a light, but i had a light brahma (it was from two lights) and he had more black.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The rooster looks like a Light Brahma, but I think the hen is a Dark Brahma. They could very well be mixes, though.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think you have a Dark Brahma and a Light Brahma.

5. cerambyx

cerambyx New Egg

Sep 11, 2014
    Caserta, ITALY
    Thanks for the hints guys. I am considering selling the two young fellows as I need only one variety for my little hatchery and I fear these may mess up the pure lines I have. Even if the male was a light one (which I keep) I still consider giving it away as I see a weird pattern which may not help in my selection. I am sure they'll make happy someone less demanding then myself. And frankly they are beautiful, gentle and there is nothing else wrong with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by