Darn Chickens!

Megan Amber

Songster
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Daggum Cochin Rooster got in garden this morning. Completely destroyed all my peas, cabbage, and collards. Wah!
somad.gif

I got revenge on him. He found a new home with the other roosters in our chicken tractor! Revenge is oh so sweet!

are the small plants or big/fully grown because if their small then thats why chickens love sprouting plants small ones they will eat that .. i learned the hard way lol my chickens eat all my pepper plants eat my tomato's i got some good ones that were in the inside but the rest were all pecked .. then i had squish but they pecked some of that .. chickens are really annoying when it comes to gardening

I just posted in the gardening thread that I have the same problem. Now we fence everything but that is a pain.

I am new to the chickens...but I have a pair of dogs that A) fight and play in garden. and B) eat vegetables...yes....al the cucumbers plant were pulled out of the ground getting the cucs likes to chew on Brussels sprouts stalks, eat green beans ....I now have a 4' fence. I am planning to have alot of treats for both the chicks and dogs....

My huskey would eat the snap peas right off the vine. In fact, she liked to pull up the entire vine and go lay sown in the shade and eat her snack.
lau.gif

I didn't have much room/time for a garden when I had her (college days), so peas were all I tried to grow.

Wow! That is pretty funny! My Carolina Black Dog likes to pick and eat muscadine grapes and blackberries! It's so funny because he knows the ripe ones from the others! I pulls his lips way up high to avoid pricking them on the thorns!!!

Back
Top Bottom