darn ducks and geese

duck walk

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
white springs, fl
okay, the grass is dying off and greens are getting hard for THEM to find...it is pouring but on my way back from town to buy THEM food at the feed store, I stopped by a field with lots of greens that are just going to be wasted...pouring rain and I am pulling plants and tossing them in the back of the truck...get home soaked and freezing but pull up to the duck/goose yard, get out and toss the plants over the fence to THEM...they come racing over, stop, look at the plants, look at me, look at the plants, look at me and stalk off in a huff because I did not chop the plants up for THEM...I had words for THEM and reminded them that roasted duck/goose is very tasty...brats...

barnie.gif

Quote:
Well I have pulled and cut a lot of greens for my birds but I never chopped ONE of them. If you get them used to chopped greens what do you expect?

AND I THOUGHT MY SEBASTOPOLS WERE SPOILED.
lol.png

MY SEBS. KNOW WE GO TO MCDONALDS EVERY MORNING. THEY LINE UP AGAINST THE FENCE AND WAIT FOR US TO GET HOME WITH THEIR BISQUITS. MY POOR HUSBAND THINKS THEY ARE JUST EXCITED TO SEE HIM.

DOROTHY (SELECT SEBASTOPOLS) 50-60 SEBASTOLS, 40 GUINEA FOWL, 7 DOGS (LOVE OF MY LIFE) ONE KITTY, 25 LB. CATFISH, KOI FISH.

I peeked out there a few minutes ago and I guess they gave in to the notion that these greens will not chop themselves and I am no where to be found...they are eating them...I chopped greens when they were little because they were little but they are not little anymore...time for them to grow up and chop their own greens if they want them...you just have to love them...whodathunk a duck or a goose could strike an attitude? Some of the brats

DSCN2907.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom