Darn Goats!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Skyesrocket, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I decided, actually the price of feed and hay decided for me, that I needed to cut back on some of my animals here. Everything here is a pet, and I love my own personal petting zoo, but I do need to cut back.
    So, I posted online 2 of my boer yearling girls for sale. A man drives here from 2 hours away to look at the girls and he decides to buy both.
    It was nice out, so I had all of my goats out with me. We load the two girls into his truck and the rest of the goats are standing right there watching what is going on. As usual, all of them mugging to be scratched and loved on.
    The man writes me a check, I took it from him, read it, and just dropped my hand with the check in it to my side. Dorie, a pygmy doe, must have been right behind me. She grabbed the check out of my hand and took off running down the drive with it. My husband and I both chasing her...she ran about seven strides...all the time chewing it, turned around, looked at us and swallowed it!
    All three of us stood there with our mouths open looking at her...a little dumfounded. The guy asked, "did she just swallow that check?" :eek: I said, "Um...yea." [​IMG]
    I'm just really glad it wasn't cash! Darn Goats! You really have to love them....[​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG]

3. kurby

kurby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    East,Texas
    Oh my gosh that's too funny, but I can see it as plain as day , as I have goats too! LOL [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    k

4. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Hilarious! At least she didn't wait until the buyer had driven away. [​IMG]

Carla

5. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    I think you have my goat;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  6. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    My husband was sooo mad when it happened. I had to remind him that it could have been cash.
    He went to work and was telling his co-workers and they all had a good laugh about it. I guess that made him realize just how comical it was. Because he was laughing about it today.
    Dorie is the goats name, but some people suggested I start calling her Afflac...after the goat in the commercial.
    Hey! If this is your goat...come get her! LOL

7. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    goats can an will do the unexpected.she was just being a goat. [​IMG]

8. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    [​IMG]

9. BasenjiFan

BasenjiFan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Arizona
    If you're anything like me, the money was just going to end up getting put into her (and the rest of the critters) anyway... she was just trying to save you some time! [​IMG] Direct Deposit!

10. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    lol atleast yours dont sneak and mess all over your porch[​IMG][/img]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by