1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Darn! I think I need more Turkeys...

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by chickenmomma16, Jan 29, 2013.

1. chickenmomma16

chickenmomma16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2012
    Buckley, Washington
    I posted an ad to just SEE if there would be an intrest in my new turkey hatching eggs in March/April for the Burbon Red x Bronze = Red Bronze cross. HA! I just got this e-mail that said "Put me down for a few dozen" :th I think I need more turkey ladies!!! Maybe I'm jumping the gun but how fast can 2 girls pump out eggs?

How much do hatching eggs typically go for? At least for crosses.

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Yes, you will need more turkeys. I sell mine for $40.00 a dozen. Not sure about crosses. I have pure bred Bourbon Reds.

3. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    There is an ad in our local bulletin board for a dozen cross turkey eggs for 10.00 a dozen. Does not say what the cross is.

4. chickenmomma16

Jul 16, 2012
    Buckley, Washington
    Does $10 for a half dozen sound ok then? There are no ads for hatching eggs in our area. I only have 2 hens so it would be hard to get a dozen and keep them fresh.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  5. flocksalot

flocksalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Poynette WI
    Since you specifically stated the half dozen and price I would let them know that you only have two girls and couldn't fill the order in one shot. If they still want eggs then they should either OK the extended period or expect them to be shipped in half dozen shipments. I'm sure at that price they will still go for it unless they only have one incubator and no separate hatcher. You are giving them a very good deal. I'll bet those poults are going to be very pretty!

6. chickenmomma16

Jul 16, 2012
    Buckley, Washington

So I kinda covered my butt because I didn't know at the time if there would be interest... I never stated what the price would be. I said price to be determined, and will be sold by the egg. I gave myself wiggle room... :oops:

I am up to 4 dozen eggs in pre-orders! :celebrate I stopped in at the lady's place to get my goats milk re-filled (and my baby goat fix!) and she still had a few Bronze hens. I may offer her a deal for the rest of the Bronze, she really wants them gone and no time to take them to be processed.

7. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    Where did you place the ad?

8. chickenmomma16

Jul 16, 2012
    Buckley, Washington
    Good ol' Craigslist!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by