Darn it! I'll be babysitting that now...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SterlingAcres, May 21, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I added some cardboard to the bator this morning, since removing the shelves has made a nice clearing to jump to the bottom of the bator for the chicks. I 'baby proofed' it. LOL I watched it for 30 minutes without fluctuation. I just went down to check them and the temp was at 103.5. Crappppppp. I candled them and threw away the junk ones. I can only see two chicks moving, I hope I didn't cook any.

Now I'm babysitting a bator because of temp issues. Of course, this had to happen on Day 15 [​IMG]

Edited by staff.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  2. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    It's always something,isn't it? If you are on day 15 and your incubater uses a wafer thermastat,I 'd replace it. Whenever my temps start getting whacky,that's what I do.

3. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I just put a new wafer in it. I don't want to replace it again. I think it's because of the cardboard. I took the front piece out and turned the temp down. It was holding steady at 101 an hour ago. I should check it again. Ughhh.

Oh sorry to the staff. I don't even notice when I write cuss words. I'm worse than a pirate. LOL

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I checked the bator. Holding at 101. [​IMG] Let's hope. I removed SIX unfertile eggs. What a waste. That was half my eggs... Grrr

5. ChelleEnchanted

ChelleEnchanted Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Ohio
    Good luck, doll. [​IMG]

6. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    Good luck with the rest of the eggs!!

7. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Thanks guys. I have a feeling I'll be picking up eggs within a month here. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by