Darn little Bantam Roo, I now must protect him from himself!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lockedhearts, Jan 12, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Uno, my little Bantm Cochin Roo is just like everything else that is small, he thinks he is Huge!!!! [​IMG]

He has always been laid back, until, I got him a girl [​IMG]

I just went to feed him and his comb is bloody, where his pen is he backs up to my Orp Roos and on the side is my Cochin Roos. We used 2" wire there and as I was watching the little snot he was doing the Rooster Dance and huffing up and sticking his little head through the fence. [​IMG]

The little brat, I need to go out there and put small wire over the big stuff so I can save him from his own EGO!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I guess hormones and a big ego aren't such a great combo for him! Poor little guy! [​IMG]

3. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I swear there eyes are in backwards just like dogs.......

All my Jack Russells think they are Huge and my Huge German Shepard mix puppy (all 50 + lbs) thinks he is as small as a Jack Russell.
    [​IMG]

It was kind of funny until the dog decided he wanted to lay on the back of the couch like the JRT's do [​IMG]

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    My Boston Terrier (aka "Boston Terror") has the same problem...she thinks she's 10ft tall & bullet proof! A rottweiler could come into our yard and she'd try to fight him, but not even realize that she'd never stand even a tiny chance against it. I get a kick out of our Buff Orp roo who sometimes chases our 2 Amer Game roos around if they try to mate with our other hens. You'd think it would be the other way around, the little sissies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by