Darn ~ mama ain't as dumb as we thought she was!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GaNewChick, May 6, 2009.

1. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    I posted these in the Incubating/Hatching forum when they were hatching but thought I would share them here too. Hope that is ok.

I promise mama, I am NOT watching those chicks ~ I'm just chillin in Daddy's TV room. I promise!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meow Meow speaking here ~ Shhhh, be vewy vewy quiet and maybe mama won't know we snuck in here.

[​IMG]

OK, there are 3. One for you, one for you, and one for me. So, we'll ..... wait, I hear mama coming. We'll have to hatch this plan later, Shorty ~ you ask mama to let us out to potty around 9:00. We'll meet by the grill on the back patio.

[​IMG]

You know that feeling you get when all the blood rushes to your head?

[​IMG]

Enough ~ or one of us is gonna poop on your chair!

[​IMG]

And of course, springs babes bring spring blooms ~

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    LOVE - LOVE - LOVE the pictures! Congrats on the new babies!

3. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    That was hilarious! Reminds me of my house. My little male chihuahua thinks I brought the chicks home for him. He has to come into the bathroom where I have the brooders and look into each of them to make sure they are still there and alive. I don't trust him though as he likes to lick his lips as he looks at them. I think that once they are as big as he is, he isn't going to even attempt messing with them. At heart he's a big chicken (no pun intended!). I'm including a few pics of him with "his" chickens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    that is just the cuties set of pics I've seen yet adorable

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Great pictures!! the iris is stunning, my Batik starting today, love the purple and white swirls!!

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    omg!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the pic of all of them looking in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Thanks everyone ~ The great thing about it was, I didn't have to get them to pose ~ just open the door and off they would go.

There is no way I could ever let mine get that close....they would snatch them up in a heartbeat.

I love my irises, wish they bloomed all year...

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  8. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    All I have to tell My chihuahua boy Cooper is "Be nice!" and he will sit back and not even look at the chicken. His two sisters are absolutely terrified of the chickens, which cracks me up cause the tiniest one, Sweet Pea, is the Alpha dog and tries to dominate any dog she sees, but chickens? No way! One fluttered to the floor tonight and my largest chihuahua girl Angie actually got off her chair next to where the bird landed and left the room. Cooper came to see why the bird was on the floor, and then backed off when he realized how big the chick had gotten. He's scared of my neighbor's chickens. He has Golden Comets and they stand a full head taller than Cooper and outweight him too, and they are NOT scared of him, lol. And my Wyandotte roo is already half Cooper's size. I think it's dawning on him slowly that these aren't going to be small like our cockatiel, these will be BIG birds, as far as he's concerned. And I never leave them unsupervised, ever! Initially Cooper wants to be friends with any animal he sees, cats (his best friend is my 3 year old Calico that encourages him to drag her around by her tail and she likes to wrestles with all 3 chihuahuas), our rabbit, other dogs, kids, you name it. He's a good soul, and I think in his mind he was hoping these chicks would be his friends and play with him, and wrestle him, etc. But sooner, rather than later, he'll figure out that he's more at risk of losing an eye to one of them than actually getting them to wrestle and play with him. But just watching his reaction to them each time he sees them is hilarious, cause it's like his brain just can't register that they are getting bigger, even though they still smell like the same chickens. I should video tape his reactions cause pictures, while they say a 1000 words, they don't tell the whole story.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by