Darn Post Office

Discussion in 'Quail' started by dadsdeercamp, Oct 3, 2011.

1. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    I bought some jumbo coturnix eggs that shipped this last friday and were supposed to arrive today but no eggs today so i check the tracking and they are still in FL. How long will they be good for? is there any thing i can do? please help me. i dont know what to do.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Eggs take a beating going thru the mail. If they arrive in only a few days, generally things will be ok. Generally eggs start to deteriorate after 10 days, especially after being sent thru the mail. If they haven't arrived by late this week, then I would contact the seller for information as to the where abouts of the eggs. If they do not come in a timely manner, then you can ask for your money back.

3. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    I feel for you. I had two shipments of eggs get completely bashed by the post office. Half the eggs were smashed and one shipment sat at the post office over 4th of July weekend. The smashed eggs were rotting and the rest covered with smelly goo. I tried hatching those and they proceeded to explode one by one in my bater. I was not a happy camper.

I don't fault the seller at all, they were all packed well and double packed well for the 2nd shipment. I've just angered the Post Office God.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    The post office hasn't been nice one bit! I worry with every box I ship as I double box and insure the eggs. Most arrive perfect, I get one or two boxes every couple of months that look like a truck drove over it! As a seller I am heartbroken for the buyer! I try to help as best as I can so the experience gets better but the post office drives me nuts!

5. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    OK the tracking page says it was processed through tampa on october 1 at 8:55pm and then again tonight at 9:04 pm. Whats up with that?

6. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    that sounds like they are just leaving now... id contact the seller. and speak with them maybe you can get a refund or something of the sort. depending on how much you buy, i never order eggs in bulk or anything for this reason. money , time and not trusting ANYONE other than the seller and myself to even handle them. my advice, dont buy over 4-5 dozen hatching eggs at a time... you might be in shock at how much money u just blew.

7. dadsdeercamp

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Just got off the phone with the post office and my eggs are still in Florida. They are telling me to contact the seller well its not the sellers fault the seller did what he was supposed to do.Can the seller get the money back? should I ask him to resend the eggs? I just dont know what to do about this but im not going to blame anyone but the post office. Can you send eggs fed x or ups? [​IMG]

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    you can send eggs fedex...just not live chicks.

9. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    Had the same problem with some chukar eggs I ordered one time. Totally the post office's fault, not the seller's. Mine were shipped from TX and sat in OK for days. There was nothing I could do - they were a total waste. For the most part though, eggs I have received shipped USPS have arrived in a timely manner.

10. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Quote:i absolutely HATE the USPS, their tracking information is HORRIBLE. i just recently bought some live birds from quaillady, they came looking great, nothing wrong with the birds...but JESUS usps was so bad, they never updated their tracking information. i finally got the email saying that the birds had arrived at the post office 3 hours AFTER i had picked them up that morning.....

FedEx please....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by