DARN! Woke up this morning and my temp was 96.6°F :(

CheekyMare

Songster
8 Years
Oct 22, 2011
Western Highway, Belize
I took the turner out last night, added some water, turned the temp down a titch as it was 101, and went to bed. Should have stayed up to watch.
hmm.png

I also put a small crack in one egg through carelessness but it was just above the membrane so I wasn't panicking about that.

*kicks self*

Hey, 96.6 isn't THAT bad
smile.png

You may have a bit of a late hatch, if anything. Cool temperatures slow development.
Once I had my incubator go from 100F to 107F
barnie.gif
I was freaking out, but had OK
hatches. Obviously it didn't stay high to long, haha. Hope your hatch goes well
smile.png

They should be fine as that big they should be putting off some heat on their own! People have power outages and they hatched, I had my AC go out last summer and had to put ice in the bottom to cool down! Just locked my crew down a bit ago....here goes staring at the bator
smile.png

I didn't cover the crack as it's up in the airspace and they should be pipping into that today anyway. I figured doing nothing was better than making it worse. Day 21 is Tues/Wed.

I'm going down to see if the temp is staying stable.

.....never did post this as the server was down.

5 hours later:

I did go down and the temp seems stable. I took out the egg with the lowest chance of hatching(the cracked one) and candled. Saw the chick moving in the shell but no internal pip yet so I'll just watch and wait now.

Quote:
hearing that makes me feel a lil better. My incubator goes from 100 to about 103. i was getting worried that 103 would be to hot.
smile.png

Figured out after my last hatch that my thermometer in my hatching bator was 3 degrees off rather than the 1 I had originally thought
he.gif
...my eggs spent there last couple of days around 97.5...I had all 8 hatch, 1-2 days late, but they all made it!! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom