daughter got a ring from her DB

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Dec 26, 2009.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my daughter got a promise ring for christmas from her live in boyfriend... she is so excited. they are talking about marriage when she finishes collage... they were not suposed to get each other christmas gifts this year since they just moved in to their own apartment... he is such a sweet boy

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    You need to change title, I was wondering why your daughter got a piece of fruit skin. RIND [​IMG] Sorry couldnt resist.

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    thanks...I would never have noticed my typo... I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I just woke up and read it twice and went [​IMG] Hoped it was a typo, but had to check. It wouldn't have been a good christmas for someone if she got rind, figured someone would be gettin a knock upside the head if not a typo. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    but now it says daghter not daughter.

I think more guys need to know about the promise ring. Well except for my daughters boyfriend. He's a nice guy but she is still in high school. He's a senior. He did spent almost $100 on a gift for her tho. I about fell over. All I could say is Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh. She looked at him and said "see where I got it from".

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yup...noone gives promise rings anymore..
    I got one from my DH.. [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love the idea of a promise ring for younger couples!!! It shows a major committment and the maturity enough to know now is not the time to be spending alot of money on an engagement ring. Good for them!!!!! Congrats!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by