Daughter is concerned........

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Acre of Blessings, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I am asking all of the BYC members to pray for my youngest daughters chick. We picked up alot of chicks yesterday and she and her sisters got to pick out their own....my youngest picked out the runt of the Black Sex Links. Well not actually the runt but it looks like the hatchery just piked this one right out of the shell and put it in transport to the feed store. The chick made it through the night and seems to be on the bottom of the pecking order. When I seperate her from the others she peeps very loud [​IMG] wanting to be with the others, so I left her out with them.

So far she is holding her own but my daughter is still very concerned. She named her Eclipse. I pray the chick grows up to be the prettiest one that she has. Thank you.

2. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Of course! Sending prayers Eclipse's way!

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    You got 'em! Is she eating and drinking okay?

4. chickmomma30

chickmomma30 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Odessa MO
    your daughters baby is in my thoughts. i would keep an i her though. If the others are picking on the little one take it and one or two of the ohters out of the main group and see if that helps with the peeping.

5. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    Hello,
    GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES.

How Many Chicks did you buy?

It still may be a good idea to seperate it if you have a lot of chicks, They will never give it a rest to grow stronger.
    Maybe seperate and put one other chick in with it for company.

:)

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Our prayers are with the chick, Angela, and your daughter...

7. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    We bought 28 chicks yesterday (for us) and 35 for a friend but they are with him now. She (eclipse) is doing really well right now. She is drinking and eating, still looks a little wobbly though but I think she will strengthen.

The 28 chicks are seperated into 2 different boxes (big boxes) and there are 14 in each box. I have observed them for a couple hours this morning and it seems that when Eclipse is picked on she sort of "picks back".

Last night she had 2 small bald spots on her and this morning they are almost filled back up. Do the feathers really grow that fast? if so, wow. Our 18 day old RIR's are seem to be scared of the smaller ones for some reason. No they are not in the same box. Just thought I would send an update Eclipse. If there are any more changes I will post later. Thanks for understanding the love of a child and her pet.

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Separate her and pick out the quietest of the others to be her companion. Prayers said. Fingers crossed. [​IMG]

9. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Lots of prayers coming your way! [​IMG]

10. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Here's a pic of the tiny chick Eclispe...

[​IMG]

I think she's gonna be O.K.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by