Daughter tried fresh eggs for the first time...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MagsC, Aug 30, 2010.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    A couple of my banty hens started to lay eggs in July and I have greatly enjoyed them. Well, it has been a long haul to get my daughter to try them! She finally did and said she couldnt believe how much better they tasted than store bought.[​IMG] Another convert,lol.

2. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

everyone who has never tried them, sure do not know what they are missing. [​IMG]

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG] My son tried em and now no dozen is safe.

4. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    So... When will she be getting her chickens? [​IMG]

5. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    I've tried fresh eggs. Then I threw up and I barely eat eggs now. RIGHT as I was in the middle of eating, my brother asked if dad got that egg from our chickens. I nodded and then he said, "There's a sperm in that egg." Of course, that's not entirely true, but I just threw up and it tasted like egg [​IMG] .

6. mmpb1

mmpb1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2010
    Texas
    DGS was having breakfast one morning and asked, "Gran, why are your eggs always so, um, golden?" I explained that my hens got to eat bugs, grass, seeds and whatever else chickens like plus chicken food. He smiled and kept eating. That boy has potential!

Margie

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    LOL,well technically the chickens belong to both of us.[​IMG] We just have hens right now, no roos, unless my last hatch has some.(though I am hoping for more hens!)
    Yeah, I have heard some people dont like fresh eggs. To each their own I guess! [​IMG]

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:yeah no kidding I had 4 doz in the basement fridge and I caught him trying to sneak out with all 4 doz when we were driving him back to school sunday night [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by